From wolf to walker and everything in between, Jeffrey Matthew Glover is a multi-talented actor. Jeff has had parts in television shows, movies, and music videos. He graciously took time out of his busy schedule to answer a few questions.
1. I came to know you because of your portrayal of a wolf/walker on The Walking Dead but you have acted in many of my favorite TV shows: The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, The Haves and the Have Nots, and Devious Maids, to name a few. Is there one character you enjoyed acting the most?
They’ve all been memorable but one of my favorite days on set has to be Devious Maids with getting to work with Susan Lucci.
2. You also have been in many movies such as Triple 9 and Vacation, which Norman Reedus of The Walking Dead was in. More of my favorites you have been in include The Boss, The Hunger Games movies, Goosebumps, and Ride Along 2. Which of these stand out in your mind as your favorite role?
Triple 9 was one of the funniest days on set because I had to help that nice lady get down off that garbage dumpster literally nonstop for hours.
3. How did you end up in Georgia from Chicago?
I grew up in the mean streets of Schaumburg, IL – went to Arizona State University and while I was in college my parents (Dad) got transferred to Georgia for work.
4. Tell us about your unusual nickname, Dotch.
That’s what my brother Jim called me when he was little; apparently, he couldn’t say my name.
5. We know some of the actors spend hours in the makeup chair to be transformed into a walker. How long were you there?
Three hours, and over an hour to take it all off.
6. Did you enjoy being made up as a walker?
I loved it, the “Isolation” episode was a small scene coming out of the woods. Originally I was supposed to get a hammer in the head from Tyrese but that changed at the last minute.
7. The heat and humidity are unbearable in a Georgia summer. How did that affect your makeup?
It doesn’t really affect the makeup; it’s just really hot in the clothing we normally have to wear.
8. What is your next acting project?
I just got back from Knoxville where I was working on one of those crime reenactment shows.
9. What would be your “dream role” to portray?
To be a hockey coach or player in something like Slap Shot or Goon.
10. How did you break into acting? Was it something you always wanted to do?
I started taking theater classes at Arizona State University. When I moved to Atlanta, I got on a show called Savannah as a riverboat blackjack dealer. I took some time off and once productions started moving to Georgia, I started back up again.
11. Tell me a little about the audition and call back process you went through for TWD. Did you know what you were auditioning for?
Can’t say much about TWD stuff 🙂
12. You and your family collect coats and other winter items to give out to the homeless. Tell us about your mission.
My daughter years ago started collecting warm clothes for the homeless after seeing a man freezing outside while leaving a Thrashers hockey game in Atlanta. Over the years my daughter Madelyn with the help of her sisters has somewhat taken over and now donates some of the collections to MUST Ministries, Atlanta Mission and a few others.
Jeff as a Walker on The Walking Dead
Jeff in Music Video Overdosing by Akua Bishop
Here’s a little something extra thrown in, or as we say down here, lagniappe, your 13th for free.
Source: YouTube/Akua Bishop
Thank you, Mr. Glover, for being so incredibly amiable in answering my questions.
Look for Jeffrey Matthew Glover in the shows, movies, and videos you watch. You never know where he might show up!